Start Building Rewards Today!
Welcome to the SAGE Scholars Tuition Rewards program registration through ABEC, Inc.! The program is provided to you free, courtesy of ABEC, Inc.. The registration process is quick and should take you less than a minute to complete.
How to Enroll
To enroll, enter your first and last name, ZIP code, and a valid e-mail address in the spaces provided below. The information entered should be your information - not a student's information. You will be able to add students to your account later during the enrollment process.
Eligible students are students in your immediate or extended family (including "great, "grand", "step", "adopted" and "god" relations). Students must be enrolled by August 31st of the year that they student begins 12th grade.
Tuition Rewards® are NOT awarded in cash. Your Tuition Rewards Points represent "guaranteed minimum scholarships" redeemable for discounts off the "list price" of undergraduate tuition at participating 4-year private colleges & universities. 1 Point = $1.00. Points must be submitted at time of application for the freshman year. Participating colleges reserve the right to include Tuition Rewards as part of any financial aid package. Tuition Rewards are limited to a maximum per student of up to one year's tuition, spread evenly over 4 years, or as contractually agreed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I earn Tuition Rewards on new investments in my 401k only?
- No, Tuition Rewards are calculated on the total account value of your 401k account. For example, in year one of your participation, you have $10,000 in your 401k - you would earn 500 Tuition Rewards Points on that ($10,000 x .05). Then, in year two, you invest an additional $10,000 into your 401k - bringing the total account value up to $20,000. You would earn 1,000 Tuition Rewards Points on that ($20,000 x .05) - giving you a total Tuition Rewards amount of 1,500 points.
- Is there a limit on how many Tuition Rewards Points I can earn?
- No, there is no limit on Tuition Rewards Points that you, the Sponsor, can accrue into your account. However, each member school has it's own limit on how many points can be used by an individual student (typically this is equal to one full year of tuition). Since you can sponsor your children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, the more points you have accrued into your account the more points you can make available to each student.
- I currently don't have any children, or, my children are very young. Why should I enroll now?
- The longer you are in the program, the more Tuition Rewards Points you will earn. Students only need to be added to our system prior to August 31st of the year that the student begins 12th grade
- Is there any cost to me?
- No, ABEC, Inc. is providing this to you as part of your benefits package.
- Do I have to allocate Tuition Rewards to my students equally?
- No, it is up to you to decide how you want to give your Tuition Rewards to the students you sponsor. You simply must allocate (transfer) Tuition Rewards to a student by August 31st of the year that the student begins 12th grade.
- What if I don't use the Tuition Rewards? Can I give my Tuition Rewards Points to my church / school / employer / another family?
- If you don't use your Tuition Rewards Points then you've still lost nothing - Tuition Rewards is a free program for employees of ABEC, Inc.. Tuition Rewards can only be used by the children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews whom you sponsor in the program. You cannot give unused Tuition Rewards to another parent or organization.